Thursday, December 31, 2009

I'm Baa-aack!

Howdy Folks!

I have been on an oh-my-word-my-life-is-a-crazy-merry-go-round writing hiatus. There's no indication that the insanity is slowing, much less stopping. Nonetheless, my 2 young adult novels are calling me. Loudly. AND a third story line has been bubbling and brewing...

Must. WRITE!

So here's my plan: Every day in January - come Hell or highwater or grandkids or homeschooling or biology classes or Search-and-Rescue training or 4-H creative flashes of genius or needs/demands from GrammaJ - I WILL write at least 30 minutes on one of the two WIPs. Hopefully I'll be able to work longer on some/many/most of the days. I'm just going to sit and focus a few moments, then set the timer and write like there's no tomorrow.

In order to insure (ensure?) my ability to stick to this lofty plan, I will enforce the following:

A. Limit Facebook to 15 minutes max per day. Yes, I WILL use a timer and no, I will not check on my friends again later in the day.

B. If I am away from home overnight (like on the search-and-rescue training jags) I will take a notebook and start outlining my new story idea.

C. Blogging does not count as part of my writing time.

D. I will post a brief report here at least twice a week so you all can hold me accountable and can cheer me on or help me out when I write my characters into a corner.

In order to prepare, today is reading day! I need to refresh my memory on how my people think and act!

Thanks for being here for me!

Through the Molasses Swamp and Linear Equation, HERE I COME!!!!

1 comment:

Marianne Arkins said...

Sounds like you know what you need to do. Good luck!