Really. It is. I was surfing Amazon one day, looking at books when I stumbled on one called:
Jessica’s Guide for Dating on the Dark Side
Except, that’s not what I saw. For several seconds, I thought it said:
Jessica’s Guide for Dating on the Dork Side
And I was kind of disappointed that it wasn’t called that (although it looks like a fun book). But I couldn’t get the notion of dating on the dork side out of my head. I wondered: How would someone end up dating on the dork side.
Insert light bulb moment here.
So, my work in progress (progress being one of those relative terms) is all due to a mistake. And because I’m all about preparation, I’ve put together the all important playlist. Sure, I could spend my time doing character interviews and storyboards. Or I could mess around for a couple of hours on iTunes. Priorities, people. Priorities.
Dating on the Dork Side
- War by Bruce Springsteen
- Lysistrata by Utopia
- Is She Really Going Out With Him? by Joe Jackson
- Hate (I Really Don’t Like You) by Plain White T’s
- Stupid Boy by Gear Daddies
- She's so High by Tal Bachman
- So What by P!nk
- Famous Last Words by My Chemical Romance
- Read My Mind by The Killers
- Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
- Heroes by The Wallflowers