Saturday, April 25, 2009

Just the facts, ma'am

No excuses. Just the facts.

Word count for the month is just over 34,000 words. Not awful, but not where I need to be if I plan to meet monthly goal. The fact of it is that I'm not going to make 50,000 words before Friday. The upcoming week is jam-packed, leaving barely enough wiggle room for eating, let alone writing.

I'm not totally bummed about falling short. The words I've got have already been tweaked a bit. I've gotten into the habit of reading the previous day's work before beginning anew so I've gotten some fine-tuning into the mix that I hadn't taken the time to do before now. A new, good habit, I think.

What about you? How's the month panning out for your writing? I hope you've had a productive writing month!

Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

That's a lot of words! Good for you!

My month has been okay. I've had a few dry spells, but I try to make up for them. Not sure if it'll make a difference this month, but we'll see!

Marianne Arkins said...

That's awesome! You've met your goals from the last few months... so I'm sure you'll hit what you need.

I'm so proud of you, and can't wait until we start seeing your new releases. :-)

Keri Mikulski said...

Amazing word count!! Not a bunch of novel writing.. Life got in the way this month. Looking forward to May! :)