Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Finally...

I finally managed to sit down and work on edits for "Return to Stiller Creek". I only got through about 8 pages, and then realized it was going to be tougher than I thought.

See... I'm changing the hero from the police chief to the lawyer who handles the heroine's parents' estate (such as it is), but there comes a point where he MUST be the police chief and not a lawyer, and it's a turning point in the emotional relationship between the H/H, so I don't want to cut that scene.

What to do... what to do?

I have several ideas on how to handle it, but it's very important, so I don't want to mess it up... unless....

Oooh.... got another idea!!

::::runs off to work::::

4 comments:

Charity Tahmaseb said...

How’s your spine looking?

Er, I mean, story spine? I’m dealing with a similar thing. I’ve combined Landon and Gordon, which means MacKenna has a bunch of history with Landon and a bunch of baggage.

And essentially this changes every single scene of the story. Because, you know, I like to make things difficult.

However, the spine doesn’t really change. The big events still happen (i.e., prom). I can work with a segment of the story and it keeps me from freaking out about the novel as a whole.

It's sort of the one-inch picture frame of revising.

Sarita Leone said...

I think it's great that you found time in your wild schedule to sit down and work on the story. I am jazzed to hear it! And I think it's good that you've got more than one idea in mind; you're not written into a corner and have options, which is something I like. I hate finding myself in a corner!

Hope you get the details ironed out. Keep up the good work! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ceri Hebert said...

Sorry.. the Kaitlyn poster was me. My daughter (who's name is not Kaitlyn btw) had the computer signed in.

I had said:

LOL! I hope you figure out your fix!