Saturday, January 2, 2010

In which I post my intentions

My goal, which is pretty aggressive, is to have a revised manuscript I can email my agent by month’s end. I guess it wouldn’t be that aggressive if I didn’t work a day job, but since I do … I’m hoping JaNo will help keep me on track.

I have a pretty good start. I was off work all last week and built up some momentum and words. So, for the week, I’m up about 10,000 words, some new, some revised, and some blended. I’m working to integrate a new subplot, remove a few other plot threads, and I’ve combined a few characters, which means the relationship vibe between many of the characters has change.

If you’re thinking, wow, she must be crazy, then you might be right.

2 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

Wow. Sounds like you're off to a good start toward a lofty goal!!

Marianne Arkins said...

I've always thought you were crazy (you like editing, after all), but I also think you're wicked talented.

Go, C~!