Thursday, March 12, 2009

Checking In

I know, it's the middle of the week, but I AM here checking in. My first WIP which I only call Alpha right now didn't get as much work this week. I DID edit about four pages of Cowboy and am reworking the plot a bit.... so that's hopefully almost completely done soon.

My friend and blog/website partner Mysti Holiday challenged me to write another short story that is at least 7500 words and I only have two days to get it to her... but she's doing it too so she has to get her's to me at the same time. *sigh* I work quite a bit better under pressure. SO, my WIPs are as follows (the titles will be changed eventually):

Kealie's 'JaNoWriMo' Alpha


Kealie's Cowboy (2nd round editing)


Kealie's "Appearances"


So, all in all, the grand total is (drumroll please): 6,600 words! I think I have so far met my goal of writing at least 1000 words a day... and I'm a bit stunned by that. LOL I didn't think I'd been doing it that well since it's writing spread across three WIPs now. But I, AM getting it done. YAY....

~Kealie Shay

5 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Woo hoo!!! That's awesome. Good luck with your challenge. :-)

Kealie Shay said...

Thanks, Marianne! I'll keep y'all updated.

Ceri Hebert said...

That's a lot of words! Wish I could be as productive. Last few days have been pretty pathetic.

Kealie Shay said...

Thank you, Ceri! Believe me, more often than not I fall into the pathetic range... you'll do fine! You always do.

Keri Mikulski said...

Congrats!! Amazing!! :)

Have fun with your challenge!! :)