I started the week with 2706 words from my synopsis. I pasted the appropriate parts in Chapters 1, 2 and 3 since I have to turn in a proposal for this project. I was so excited to start the actual book so I thought I'd have no problem reaching my goal of 5000 words this week. I was wrong!
It was one of those crazy busy weeks and weekend. I managed to write but it was a few minutes here, a few there. Only one day did I have a significant chunk of time to work.
When I sat at my computer last night to see what I'd accomplished over the week, I was totally bummed. I didn't like it. Not one bit. I knew the main reason my writing had gotten off track as the weekend came around was I'd taken a wrong turn at the end of the scene which was keeping me from going forward. So I did the only thing I could in this situation. I started over last night. An easy decision since I was still in chapter one, but I've had the same problem later in books. Then I try to see if I can fix the problem without losing too much.
At the end of my Sunday writing session, I had 1624 words. Much less than my goal of 5000 words, but I surpassed my daily goal of 1000 words. And I'm much happier with the story! Yay!
Today starts a new weekly count for me. My goal is 1000 words M-F and use the weekend for catch up. I have a proposal due and those always take me forever to write. I really want to reach my 5000 word goal. Fingers crossed I make it!