Saturday, February 14, 2009

new week, new words

I've made almost 3750 this week! Yes, that's just a little over half my goal, but after the computer crashed last week, I've been having to redo everything I did work-wise for both this week and last. I had to get extensions on two assignments, and my editors were both wonderful about it, so that's good. And when I finally got the postpartum depression article turned in, my editor emailed me the next day and told me it was the best article on this subject she'd ever received. So, the redo was worth it after all! I also had to teach a class of seniors this week that really kept me on my toes, and I'm still polishing my final late assignment--a big travel piece. So, I'm going to try to do better next week--only one interview on Tuesday, and a proposal due by Friday, so I hope to have a much stronger total that gets me closer to the words I lost in the crash. And I'm hoping to continue my streak of writing even better the second time around. Beyond that, Happy Valentine's Day to all, and I'm so glad this group continues to "be mine."

5 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

I am NEVER going to complain that I'm too busy again. Wow. I couldn't have done all that. Not without sending my kids to camp for the week.

Hope this week is smoother for you.

Joanie said...

Thanks, Ceri, but you know how it is--ya gotta do what ya gotta do. But I would have much rather not done what I had to redo (grin)

Marianne Arkins said...

Sounds like you've taken the crash in stride... and that it might have turned out for the best?

Good job!

Jen said...

Congratulations on all the "for pay" work getting done.

And happy Valentine's Day! Enjoy!

Keri Mikulski said...

Congrats on the article and your word count! Great stuff. :)