Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Primer on Coping Mechanisms

1. DENIAL: I didn't sign up for this.
2. REPRESSION: Huh? I did? I don't know what you're talking about.
3. SUPPRESSION: Even if I did sign up for this, I can't think about it right now.
4. DISPLACEMENT: !@#* you guy and your !@#$ word counts!
5. SUBLIMATION: I'm going to work on these promotional materials over here instead.
6. PROJECTION: You guy don't really want me to do this anyway.
7. INTELLECTUALIZATION: Ya know, forcing yourself to stick to an arbitrary goal could actually be counterproductive to the project as a whole.
8. RATIONALIZATION: Really, even if I had stuck with this, what would I have accomplished? 3000 words wouldn't really make a difference anyway, would it?
9. REGRESSION: goo goo gah gah

Submitted (with tongue firmly in cheek),
Darcy

6 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

LOL... c'mon, D, get 'er done. I'm expecting another GGG book soon!

:-)

Tiffany said...

Ha ha ha - this is great! I totally feel same way.

Joanie said...

Wow! You've really got the system down! I'm impressed.

Keri Mikulski said...

Love this!!! LOL..

Glad I'm not alone. :)

Kealie Shay said...

LOL, you have this system down so well.... I'd hate to have to burst your bubble. I think I'll borrow your rationalizations. :D

Charity Tahmaseb said...

This is so funny, I can't even come close to anything as brilliant. Ah, there's my excuse not to post.