Well, this has been a challenging week. I have really been struck down by arthritis the past couple of weeks, and this week may have been the transition week for me, in the sense that I had some work done via massage therapy that ultimately helped tremendously, but kept me thoroughly down for a couple of days. I managed about 4000 words this week, and will shoot for 7000 by the end of next Saturday. I also changed my word count meter to reflect the length that I'd actually like to hit with the manuscript:
On the plus side, I got through an extremely pivotal and complex section that will move my character to the third act. I feel good to have made it to the other side of that. I'm feeling less like I'm spinning my wheels and I'm happier about the quality of the work I'm producing, since about two weeks ago, I wasn't very happy.
All in all, I'm pleased with the progress.