Thursday, February 19, 2009

To Quiet the Howls...

coming from characters in a half-finished manuscript I discovered languishing in my files a few days ago, I am going to take a break from Madcapped to finish this other (still untitled!) story. It seems to be the only thing to do, considering the characters in the found story won't shut up. Believe me, I've tried to get them to quiet down.

They. Won't. Listen.

Am I the only one with characters this unruly? Please, tell me this happens to you, too. Please.

Anyhow, Madcapped has been humming along. It's up to just over 18, 000 words and I'm very pleased with how it's going. The plot is fun, the characters quirky and I think the heroine is definitely making strides toward becoming the person she's meant to be. I figure it'll be easy to pick up again once I get these other nutjobs--uh, characters out of my mind. At least that's the plan.

So today, after I clear the driveway for the gazillionth time this season, I'm going to sit down and work with these loud-mouths demanding attention. My hope is that they'll help me with a title. It's the least they can do, don't you think?

3 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

If they're howling, then they're calling to you... that's where you should be. Though, if Madcapped is flying along, it must be difficult to stop.

And, I hear you on the driveway thing. UGH.

Kealie Shay said...

Unruly is commonplace around my brain. I agree, if they're howling, they have something to say. And they won't shush until you get their story told.

I've had a similar experience with a story I will have to rewrite, but they won't be quiet either...

Keri Mikulski said...

Sounds like a goodie if it won't leave your mind! :) Have fun! :)