Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Check In

I know it's early, but I'm here to post my numbers because I'm done writing "new" stuff for the day. I've found a story to pick up on, something I can probably keep around 12K (I'm not ready to move on to any full length wips yet, not until I deal with the ones I have on my plate)

So, anyhow, my current February word count is 18597. I've been managing to maintain my goal, although I've had days I go way beyond. But that makes up for the days when I don't write any new stuff at all. The past two days I've been editing.

Thanks to everyone who pointed me in the right direction. I'm giving myself another week to edit my entire manuscript so I can send the whole thing as Samhain prefers instead of just the first three chapters. They'd take the three, but they prefer the full. I can wait a week.

Now I'm going to go spend some quality time with my manuscript and notes.

4 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

I knew you'd figure it out! It sounds like your plan is a sound one. Sending good thoughts your way; hoping an acceptance mail arrives quickly in your mailbox!

Have a great weekend. :)

Marianne Arkins said...

You did great this month!!! Good luck with your submission when you send it off. I'm ready to see another "Ceri Hebert" book out there.

Joanie said...

Good for you! You keep me motivated to want to be at the spot you are now!

Keri Mikulski said...

Great word count! :)