Thursday, January 1, 2009

1,674 and a collage too!

I admit it. I was totally scared to start writing. I have/had my reasons:
  1. I'm so not ready. Seriously, prep work, nearly non-existent
  2. It's been a long time, like two years, since I've worked on the first, first draft of a novel. I've been doing revisions and editing and polishing. Draft writing? What's that?
  3. What if it was all a fluke?
  4. Dude, you totally forgot how to write.
And. So. On. I decided (during morning exercise) that each book is different. I'd been "dream-storming" this one a lot (ala Robert Olen Butler). So, with this one, I'll continue to do character work, but I'll start writing it as well.

So I did. And got 1,674 words. Then I made a collage:

Dude, it doesn't get much better than that.

9 comments:

Jen said...

The collage looks wonderful. Did you do this on a cork board or via software, and if it's software, would you be willing to share, please?

I'm so glad you got through that "first step".

Keri Mikulski said...

Love it! I do a sort of picture album filled with pics of my characters and families. :)

Marianne Arkins said...

Oh... oh... I have collage envy!!!!

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Thanks, guys.

Jen, I use PowerPoint and either use one of their included backgrounds, or find wallpaper somewhere to use. This is their cork background and I lightened it by 25%.

Then I do the dollar download thing at places like istockphoto, because I think it's only fair the compensate the photographers.

Ceri Hebert said...

Must. Do. Collage. Now.

Actually I have one done for my current wip. It's not as nice as yours, but I'll post it anyway :)

Dru said...

Excellent word count!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for posting your collage! It's very inspiring and cool! I don't think I'm tech-savvy enough to make my own but maybe someday.

Melissa McClone said...

I have Power Point on my computer, but I don't know if I have the know how. I'll just have to be green with envy. I'm afraid I'd spend all my writing time trying to figure out how to collage.

I'm sure you could figure it out Tiffany. You are so much more mac saavy then me.

edeevee said...

This: http://locksparkfarm.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/fluke.jpg

is a fluke. It doesn't look anything like you at all.

The collage is great and so are you!