Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Few Good Words

Still behind (I'm beginning to think that's my mantra). I had assumed that life would be back to normal in January, but I neglected to realize that rebuilding the entire LASR site and archiving the past years-worth of everything would still be going on.

I'm writing, but not as much as I like. And, I shift back and forth between works because Queen and Assassin is a highly emotional, fairly dark (for me), serious work. And it exhausts me. So I move to A Jewel for Geoff for a bit of fun.

My word count right now for the month is:



I plan on shooting for more today. I can't do a marathon website building day like I did yesterday (until I thought my eyeballs were going to fall out of my head), so I will write some.

I ended a scene in AJFG this morning, and started on Q&A. Fave line today?

A breath of time later, agony stabbed through Starrlyn—pain, but not her own. Death—but no one she knew. And the world wept as she lost consciousness.

And so the fun continues... ha.

7 comments:

Amy said...

It's not how you start, babe, it's how you FINISH. Just keep plugging along.

I'm impressed you can go back and forth between two such different books! Good for you!

groovyoldlady said...

Pinging between serious and fun - you sound a bit manic/depressive, dear!

Jen said...

I'm going to join you in the ranks of the discombobulated shortly, as I'm DETERMINED to really finish off the revisions of my mystery in the afternoons after writing my current WIP in the mornings. And the two books are very different, needless to say.

My issue is that my current WIP has actually been giving me nightmares - not the writing of it, but the content. It's quite dark and a real departure for me.

I've been happy with my word count, but I'll have to see how it goes over time.

Ceri Hebert said...

I'm finding that writing a fantasy is much slower going than a contemporary romance. Have to stop too often to do bits and pieces of research.

But it's all good.

edeevee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
edeevee said...

You're way farther than me in your word count and it's pretty dang impressive that you're working on such different projects at the same time. What made you decide to try fantasy? I though you were a romance girl 100%?

Keep at it and I'll keep following in your shadow, k?

Keri Mikulski said...

Love the pic!

And how do you do it? Two books.. Very impressive. :)