Saturday, January 3, 2009

Honeymoon Phase


I made it! I didn't cheat and I chanted my mantra. And now I'm loving the feeling of doing this JaNoWriMo together. :) Writing, at times, is such a solitary process. 

Right now, I'm in the honeymoon phase - completely and utterly in love with my idea. But, as I approach the 25% mark, I know the stage of 'something or someone isn't going right with the story' is looming around the quarter bend.  

Does anyone outline? I did, my first pre-outline ever, while I waited for January 1st.. But, the story is taking on a life of its own and inspirations turn events. Does this happen to anyone else? Happy Saturday! 

7 comments:

Dru said...

WTG on your word count!

Ceri Hebert said...

I do a very rough outline, sometimes when I'm already into the story. Depends on if/when the mood strikes. I'm a classic Pantster when it comes to writing though. Been trying to change over the years, but it's hard to fight nature.

Glad we're all in this together! This is a lot more fun than NaNoWriMo was!

Marianne Arkins said...

You used Mr. Potato Head... he's so cool! lol...

And I tend to have a beginning and an ending, a few random scenes, but no outline. I do write my ending a couple chapters in ... I already know how I want one story to end, but not the other one.

I've tried outlining, but they always change massively when I do.

You're doing awesome!

Keri Mikulski said...

Thanks, Dru!

Me too, Ceri!

I'm with you Marianne! Thanks for the link. :)

Jen said...

I used to outline meticulously, but every time I do that, I end up throwing out the outline. I sort of have an outline, via the playlist, of all things. I know the major events, but I'm not sure about the cause/effect yet, if that makes any sense?

edeevee said...

My characters always mess all my shiny ideas about plot :)

And hey, I hear denial is a great coping skill. If that ugly 'Something's not right' stage starts creeping in -- just look the other direction and keep typing. You'r doing great!

Keri Mikulski said...

Hi, Jen! Absolutely.. :)

Hi, Edeevee! Thanks.. :) I can feel it coming one.