Thursday, January 15, 2009

Worse. Day. Ever.

Ever had one of those days when every word feels like a furball hacked up and you knew you'd eventually toss the whole day's work because it sucked so much? Usually I can get my words in the early morning - before my son gets up and the day starts filing with distractions. But it didn't happen. The words were slow, I was tired. So I only got in 600 words. Then another 400 while my son did homework after school and another 600 before going to sleep. My mind doesn't really work after 7:00 pm so the evening words were particularly horrible.

On the plus side. I got back on track this morning and completed my words early - yea!

Sorry to indulge in the whinefest.


8 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

WOO HOO! Look at that word count!

Jen said...

No whinefest for you - it looks like you're one of the big word count winners - feel GREAT about that!

And yes, I'm sure we all have those days. My Tuesday was like that. I got my words in, but I felt like I was fighting every. single. one. I took yesterday off and now I feel raring to go again!

Karen said...

It seems like you are doing great!
But, yes, I know of those days, those lost words, and lost writing.

Great word count. Keep it up.

Melissa McClone said...

Hugs on the bad job, but... Great job on the word count!!!!!! You're doing awesome!

Ceri Hebert said...

But you're still doing so awesome! I haven't gotten one word down today. Between sitting on a bus to and from Boston and coughing up a lung AND going to my mom's for dinner tonight I'd be surprised if I got anything down today.

Joanie said...

You may have had "one of those days," but your word count is looking great. Pat yourself on the back for working through. Good job!

Amy said...

You're over 50% done at mid-month! Go, you! What a word count!

Keri Mikulski said...

Great word count! ;) Keep up the fantastic work. :)