Thursday, January 1, 2009

I Decided... to NOT Decide!

I'm working on two projects for JaNoWriMo simultaneously. I swear I feel the need to multi-task in all facets of my life.

The two (working titles) are:

A Jewel for Geoff -- wrote 354 words this a.m. and then got hung up on what my heroine and her sisters look like (see what happens when I don't collage??). So, current word count total:

JaNo goal for JfG:


Actual WC goal for aJfG:


Queen and Assassin -- just opened it to start writing and will report that tomorrow, but since this was my 2007 NaNoWriMo project, I have a starting word count of:

JaNo goal for Q&A:


Actual WC goal for Q&A:


I need 1700 words a day -- give or take a few. I think I can do it... if I can just finish the stupid lovely website overhaul for The Long and the Short of It. Why can't the silly thing update itself?? HUH???

So, how are YOU doing?

8 comments:

Karen said...

I'm all for multitasking - congrats!

Jen said...

I am SO excited that you're working on Queen and Assassin again!

Woooohooo!

groovyoldlady said...

As soon as I saw the widgets, I knew this was your post. ;-D

I went to the widget site and was completely overwhelmed. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to use them.

I've wasted my entire day. I'm uber moody and just found out that a friend's son (age 19) died in his sleep Monday night and I'm singing at the funeral Sunday. I'm distracted, to say the least!

Mulletman will be off of work and underfoot until Monday.

sigh.

Marianne Arkins said...

Thanks Karen :-)

Jen, Q&A has been calling to me, and I've had some pretty amazing brainstorms about it, so I didn't stand a chance. You realize you're going to have to be a beta-reader, right?

Groovy, I am SO SORRY about your friend's son. That's just heartbreaking. And, MM, too? You have lots on your plate. ((hugs))

When you have time and more of a brain, I'll help you with the widgets. They are easy peasy... swear.

Dru said...

That is great about doing two books for the JaNoWriMo.

WTG on your word count!

Charity Tahmaseb said...

I'm glad your working on Q&A (hey, Q&A, it has multiple meanings). That has always struck me as something you really want to write.

Ceri Hebert said...

Multi tasking is a good thing. Spent most of our day moving furniture so my b-i-l could take our monster tv, only to find out that monster tv won't fit in his truck. So we spent the rest of the day moving things back. *sigh*

Q&A sounds good. You're inspiring me to work on my fantasy.

Groovy, I'm so sorry to hear about your friends son. Things like that shouldn't happen.

Melissa McClone said...

Good luck with the projects. I've never been that good working on two things at the same time, but I know you can do it!!!!!