Monday, January 26, 2009

Progress? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Progress

Oh, we do?

It's been a busy week full of plenty of writing -- just not much fiction. My report would be so much more impressive if I could count the whiny 2000 words I sent to my writing partner -- the ones where I outlined all the various and sundry ridiculous subplots I've managed to pack into this ... thing ... so far. I practically begged her to say: You're right. It's a mess. Please feel free to give up and go back to your slackery ways. She didn't though. Instead she said something like: I think it's going to be okay. Keep up the good work. Just beware of gypsies ; ) Thanks, C.

I'm still only at 18,801 words. And that is only 7300 words more than what I started the month with. Still, I'm getting at least a paragraph or two down every day and some days the words really flow. I guess I'll keep up the (good) work while keeping an eye out for wandering gypsies.

5 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

"Beware of Gypsies."

Always a good idea, lol.

And 7000 words is 7000 more than you had. Right?

C is always good for a kick in the hiney. :-)

Charity Tahmaseb said...

1) It's much better than you think it is.

2) If a stray gypsy slips in while we're not looking, we can deal.

3) And 7,000 words is fantastic.

Ceri Hebert said...

7000 is nothing to sneeze at (or cough at or whatever else I've been doing the past two weeks).

Beware of gypsies? Um, sure. But I kind of like gypsies. If you have any you don't want maybe I could use them. :)

Jen said...

7000 words is fabulous. And I rather like gypsies (as evidenced from my mystery). ;-)

Keep up the good work.

And listen to your writing partner - she's a good egg, a talented writer and she always has good advice. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Jen, Ceri,

I like gypsies too. It's just when they show up for no good reason and hijack your novel ... That's what happened to the Novel
That Will Not Be Named and I will be forever be wary of lurking gypsies because of it.