Thursday, January 8, 2009

Best Day So Far



Woke up this morning at 3:41 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. Stoked the fire, loaded the pages for LASR, fed the cat, fixed coffee and wrote.

This morning I worked on "AJFG" -- I really wanted to get the super-soaker scene down, and I did. I also decided that my sisters (that's them lining the bottom of the collage I made) prefer to listen to 80s rocker chicks, so spent my morning watching YouTube videos of Melissa Etheridge (from the 80s -- I loved her first album) and Joan Jett (did you know she covered the AC/DC song, "Dirty Deeds (Done Dirt Cheap)"?).

So, when Geoff -- dear classical music and opera Geoff -- walked into the girls house, he was accosted by much screaming of lyrics. It was lovely.

7 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

I wish I could get up that early and function. Oh wait, I'm up at 4am, but generally don't function 'til 5am. I like the sisters. I can well imagine poor Geoff's shock.

Ceri Hebert said...

BTW, I've been listening to 80's music on Sirius all morning. God Bless Joan Jett.

Dru said...

You're doing good and I'm glad the muse was flowing with your fingers are you typed your words. WTG!

smellshorsey said...

Awesome! Your insomnia turned out to be your best friend.

I can do that -- but I crash and burn so badly that I end up behind. But I'm behind anyway, so maybe I should go ahead and get up when I wake up at 4:00 instead of taking a Sonata (great stuff -- knocks you back to sleep but doesn't make you groggy when you get up at 6:00). Maybe I'm stealing my best opportunity.

May see you early tomorrow morning! JaNo's a good time to learn from others and try new things.

And congrats on what sounds like a very interesting story.

Anonymous said...

3:41? In the morning?

I don't understand. ;)

Soooo glad you got some work done! and I LOVE how you torture Geoff. Priceless.

Jen said...

It sounds like you're having a blast - GREAT!

And yes, I sure did know Joan did a cover of that. And it ROCKS! Geoff wouldn't like my house, either.

I'm really excited you're giving Geoff his own story.

Keri Mikulski said...

Nice! Insomnia is a blessing for writers. :)