Monday, January 5, 2009

Still Behind, but I'm Pedaling!!

Yesterday, everyone except the dog and I woke up cranky and needy... I didn't get much writing done in the a.m. because Sunday is the one day I can sleep in if I choose (no pages to load up for LASR). I slept in until 5:30!!

In any case, DH and DD took off to go ice skating for a bit, so I did do a little writing -- not as much as I like, but I kept having to refer back to "One Love for Liv" for details (the drawback to writing a sequel, I've discovered). I couldn't even remember what season Liv was set in (Sept / Oct in case you wondered).

This is what I have as of this moment (and not having written today...bad me):



Fave line from yesterday (and I wrote this on my personal blog to, apologies to those of you for whom this is a repeat):

Liv has just run into Geoff (much to his dismay). And she says:

“Geoff, I need advice.” She grabbed his sleeve and tugged him to the chairs that lined the wall, shoving him into one. “Okay, now pretend you’re a man.”

Ouch. That sound you hear is his ego deflating...

=======================

7 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

God, I love that line. hehehe.

Don't ya love having to go back for the details? The manuscript I just finished is a sequel featuring Sweet Forever's hero's little sister. I couldn't even remember how much I described her in the original, she was really only in one scene. I spent a lot of time being paranoid that I described her one way in SF and another in FH.

Happy writing! Would you believe my kids have a 2 hour delay today!! LOL

Dru said...

I really like that line.

Have fun writing today.

Melissa McClone said...

Great line! Good luck today.

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Ha. Very fun. It sounds like you're having a good time with this sequel.

Amy said...

GREAT line.

Keep pedaling, girl. You'll get there.

I'm at NEGATIVE words so far today (I had to smoosh two scenes into one and lost about 600 words. Sigh.

Jen said...

Poor Geoff! I can just see him in that situation. I'm so glad he'll finally get his princess.

My fave line from my writing today was a typo - "I grabbed him by the parlor."

Um... sleep deprivation. Yes, indeedy.

Keri Mikulski said...

Love the line. :) Good luck.