Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm late...

but at least I'm here! Yay!! I'm thrilled to be able to say I've finally begun my JaNo novel. Yes, at 3:30 am I sat down with my laptop and began to write. It feels fabulous!

I'm not going to give the long version here about how my life has been on hold these past...goodness, it's over a month now. Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long! Anyhow, I'm just going to say that due to a family illness I've been mostly away from my real life--kind of dealing with real life, if that makes any sense. I've missed being at my desk, doing "normal" things like having my brows waxed, doing laundry or walking out to collect the mail, but mostly I've missed writing. It's true. I can deal with the rest of it but not writing? That's been tough.

But this morning I began writing my January novel, so I have high hopes of life returning to some semblance of normal. It may take time, but at least I've got a story churning in my head, characters talking and plot twists developing so the wait will be easier to bear.

Oh? The title? Tentatively, it's called Tango at Midnight but that'll probably change. And my word count? I've got a lot of catching up to do but I've got 3,739 words so far.

Happy Saturday, everyone!

7 comments:

Charity Tahmaseb said...

You rock. Wow. You did in one night what took me all week to do. I think you'll catch up.

Marianne Arkins said...

YAY SARITA!!!!! I wasn't sure you were going to make it with all the stuff going on. I'm thrilled to see you here.

Welcome and yeah, have to second what Charity said: YOU ROCK.

Jen said...

I'm so glad you were able to write and get away from the other situation. I hope that the illness clears up soon and that the writing is a good outlet. It can be all-consuming caring for family members.

I love the title, by the way.

Dru said...

You totally rock! WTG!

edeevee said...

Sarita,

I don't know who you are or what you are dealing with but reading your post made me cry. Almost two years ago (wow, has it been that long?) my son got sick. He's okay now but for a while I didn't know that he would ever get better. It was good friends and writing that saw me through that time in my life.

God bless you and good luck on your novel.

Ceri Hebert said...

I'm glad you're able to get back to "normal". You'll have no problem catching up!

Keri Mikulski said...

Great stuff! :)