Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday check-in

I'm sort of middle-mired myself, but then my characters pull me in a new direction. The protag and her mentor are about to have a face-off that I thought was going to happen much later in the story, but they're already getting on each other's nerves. Just as well - they were both becoming too settled in their routines.

I'm still on target with the word count:





I really think it helps that the rest of my life is kind of out of control and this is a major outlet for me right now.

6 comments:

Dru said...

Excellent progress on your word count. WTG!

Marianne Arkins said...

Hey... whatever works. I'm amused by the little story tidbits you've dropped :-)

Awesome job on the word count!

Sarita Leone said...

Great job on the word count! And I love it that the characters are acting in unexpected ways.

Keri Mikulski said...

Sounds like fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Your word count is amazing. I always love that moment when my characters take on a life of their own. I'm just along for the ride at that point.

Jen said...

Dru, thanks!

Marianne, if you want to see snippets, just drop by the Madness board. And thanks!

Sarita, my characters always seem to do this. But when they do, that usually means something is working. I think.

Thanks, Keri!

Thanks, D. on the word count. My problem is that they don't permanently take over. Right now the two mains are giving me trouble again. A day later and no wiser, darn it!