Thursday, January 1, 2009

A new year, some new words!

This morning I thought, "I'll just try and write a 1000 words per day." But instead of writing I cleaned out some old files on my Alphasmart. Made a cup of tea and then realized I'd run out of time-wasting distractions. Darn.

At 650 words, I made myself another cup of tea. 250 words left. I made the final push. I forced myself to stop looking at the word count every five seconds. The story became alive. At the end of the chapter, I checked again - 1630 - phew! Only 30 days to go.

7 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Woo hoo! And, yeah, I got hung up on my collage... it's so easy to get distracted.

Jen said...

Sounds like you've made a great start!

Melissa McClone said...

WTG, Tif!!!!

Dru said...

You're doing good!

Ceri Hebert said...

It's amazing how little things are so distracting. Good job on that word count!

Karen said...

Great start.

edeevee said...

Wow, you exceeded you goal. Way to go!