Saturday, January 17, 2009

Too Tired to Tango

I wish I could say I've got myself up to where I should be, word count-wise, by now but I can't. I'm giving it a good go but honestly I am pooped. Clearing snow, hauling firewood, caring for my husband...between all that I have been feeling physically, emotionally and mentally drained.

Still...I'm poking along. And you know what? The hour or two I manage to pull out of the day so I can work on Tango at Midnight is, easily, one of the best bits of the day. I feel more myself than almost any other time when I'm writing. Weird, isn't it? But true.

So, my JaNo novel is woefully behind but it is truly bolstering me when I need it most.

Oh? Word count? 14,973...and each word feels like a step toward normalcy in what is a very unusual time for us.

Happy Saturday!

5 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Be proud of that word count.. With everything you've got going on, it's impressive!

Hugs. :)

Dru said...

Excellent progress. Not bad at all.

Have a good weekend.

Marianne Arkins said...

You're doing so well all! You're putting a few of us (me, *cough*) to shame.

Keep it up :-)

Anonymous said...

Every step forward is important, and at 14,000+, you've taken a LOT of steps!

Jen said...

Sarita, I think you're doing wonderfully, given all that's going on. I definitely feel like taking writing time for myself is a way of claiming "me" back again when life goes out of control.