Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Writing? Not So Much

Yesterday morning before work I only put in 671 words on my short story. And that was it.

For the entire day.

I decided to take the day off and read. I also ran around and did a lot of errands. Actually, I really didn't feel all that guilty about taking the break. I'm back at it this morning and already have 689 words down and still going. I have errands to do later today but I'm determined to finish this short story. I really think I can do it without a whole lot of distraction.

I could almost say that with a straight face. No distraction in a house with three kids?? Yah riiiiight.

6 comments:

Dru said...

Happy writing today.

Marianne Arkins said...

Hey... you've been going gangbusters. A day off isn't out of line.

Scary thing? You write more on your "days off" than I do on my writing days!

Ceri Hebert said...

Well, this short story really isn't doing it for me, so I'm going to put on some good Celtic music, maybe a little Loreena McKennit or Enya and go for my fantasy.

Amy said...

671 words is GOOD! Keep going. Sometimes you need to take a day off so that you can come back fresh the next day. You don't want to be crispy-fried at the end of the month!

groovyoldlady said...

"Distraction" is a relative term...

Jen said...

It's funny, Ceri, sometimes I can totally tune out huge levels of distraction and at other times, it's just like even the ticking of the clock can keep me from putting sentences together.

I hate it when a story or project takes an abrupt halt.