Friday, January 2, 2009

Day Two WC and a Collage

Managed to get 985 words done on Queen and Assassin this morning.



All very emotional stuff, which I love. I woke up a bit late (5 a.m.) and had to do my LASR stuff first (uploading today's new pages), so didn't actually start writing until six or so. Still, I like where the story is going and I really love my characters -- especially the deeply conflicted, wounded and tortured hero. Speaking of whom, I did take some time last night making a collage... no easy task for a fantasy novel. Here's what I've come up with, at least so far. As I write, and more things become symbolic in the story, I may add more:



I left it "clickable", so you should be able to enlarge it if you'd like.

I have high hopes on doing two things today: increasing my word count and creating a collage for "A Jewel for Geoff".

:::fingers crossed:::

8 comments:

Dru said...

I like your collage. It does invoke fantasies.

WTG on your word count.

Jen said...

It sounds like you're humming right along. I like the collage. I might play with one today and I'm hoping to get my writing time in as I'm back with my mom.

Melissa McClone said...

WTG, Marianne. All these collages are very cool!

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Oh, cool collage. Looks like an intense story.

Ceri Hebert said...

Awesome collage. I worked on one last night for my fantasy (tentatively called The Wolf And The Dove). I should post it. Not as nice as yours though.

edeevee said...

Love the collage! Glad the writing's coming along. I had no idea you were thinking of writing a fantasy.

Tiffany said...

Your collage is awesome! By the way - what does LASR stand for?

Marianne Arkins said...

Dru and Melissa: Thanks!!

Jen, the story is moving. Don't know if I have the 65k I want there yet, but I have hopes.

Charity, it IS intense -- quite a departure for me. There is murder and mayhem, raping and pillaging and, of course, and impossible romance.

D~, this is a book I've had in my brain since high school!! Sort of. It's morphed quite a bit since then.

Tiffany, LASR is a reviews site I co-own -- it stands for Long and Short Reviews (though it's actually called The Long and the Short of It).