Monday, January 12, 2009

Coming Soon: Actual Words

OK. A list to dazzle you (or not).

Good news:

The funerals are past.

The Christmas stuff is put away.

The hip is healed up (halleluiah!).

The hubby is well now and back to his regular work schedule.

I have a great idea for killing off a character rather unexpectedly. I'm thinking Jason's mom...That would leave him as a suddenly orphaned teen. Will the large, goat owning, homeschooling family next door take him in? Or will he be consigned as a ward of the State?

Bad news:

My computer (along with my w.i.p.s and my brain cells) is in the shop. I am using my in-laws' computer to check email and waste time on the internet.

I am sick with a nasty stomach bug. (Groovy is longing for "normal"!)

My floor is disgustingly dirty.

I suck at writing by hand.

**********************

So here's the plan: Get well, get the computer back, kill Jason's mom and report my meager word count, vacuum and mop.

In the meantime, I'm off to handwrite (ugh!) a Valentine skit and come up with a couple of kids' songs for our 4-H group.

**************

You all are doing AWESOME, so KEEP WRITING!!!!

4 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Glad to here everything is getting back to normal. Hugs regarding the funerals and the hip.. But, good luck killing Jason's mom...

Ceri Hebert said...

I love killing off characters. I never realized how dark I could be until I wrote my first three published books, as well as the one I sent off to Kensington.

Sorry about the funerals, and your computer being in the shop. But I'm glad you're back. Good luck!

Jen said...

"kill Jason's mom... clean and mop"

This cracked me up! I'm glad things are starting to settle down with you.

groovyoldlady said...

OK Jen. Enough of that. You almost made me spew my tea all over my inlaws' monitor!

*snort*

i wasn't thinking murder, but...hmmmmm. Could be one of those past loser boyfriends. That's how it usually happens in Maine. Is that too dark for a YA?