Saturday, January 24, 2009

One Week To Go

Plugging along and almost done my revisions and additions for my YA non-sporty novel, PINKED. :) 

I'll admit, I have been neglecting my JaNoWriMo WIP and this week, I only added a total chaotic mess of about 2000 words. But it's okay. PINKED exhausts me. And when I'm done writing and revising, all I want to do is veg, like Mr. Potato in the pic. 

Has this ever happened to you? Have you ever written an emotionally draining novel or story?
 
Happy Writing! :) 

7 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

My fantasy is... which may be why every word is like pulling teeth. I love it, but it's HARD.

Joanie said...

Keep up your energy. We all have to do what we all have to do--and that sometimes means working on the other project.

Stay "in the pink." (sorry, couldn't resist)

Sarita Leone said...

I have worked on something that totally took the wind out of my sails. At the end of every writing session I felt completely wrung out, so I can understand how you're feeling.

I think it's great that you're putting so much of yourself in Pinked. And I love the title, BTW.

Keep up the good work! :)

Dru said...

Good showing on word count progress. You're in the home stretch. Keep on writing.

Jen said...

Yes, and it's not my strongest suit. Congrats for pushing through on it!

Keri Mikulski said...

Hi, Marianne! :)

Hi, Joanie! There are so many ways I'm twisting the pink theme. I love it. :)

Hi, Sarita! Thanks!!

Hi, Dru! Thanks!!

Hi, Jen! Thanks.. I'm almost done. Whew.

Anonymous said...

I've found that those writing sessions that are draining and lever me exhausted are some of the truest words I've ever written. I'm pretty sure this means you are on the right track.