Saturday, January 3, 2009

Misdirection

I've noticed that everyone who has posted a collage and a playlist has also completed more words than I have. Clearly, this lack of playlist/collage is at the root of my writing problem. I spent large blocks of time today ameliorating this situation.

My Playlist:

1. Somewhere Over the Rainbow -- Judy Garland
2. Geek Love -- Fan3
3. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots -- Flaming Lips
4. The Blizzard of '96 -- The Walkmen
5. Stuck In a Moment -- U2
6. Head Over Heels -- Tears For Fears
7. Suddenly Everything Has Changed -- The Postal Service
8. Over the Rainbow -- Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
9. Anyone Else But You -- Moldy Peaches
10. Somewhere Only We Know -- Keane
11. Four Leaf Clover -- Badly Drawn Boy
12. Rockin' the Suburbs -- Ben Folds
13. Somewhere Over the Rainbow -- Israel Kamikawio'ole


And my collage:



Any minute now the words will start to come, right?

7 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

I haven't posted a playlist. Is this just the songs we like listening to while writing or songs relevant to the wips we're working on?

Jen said...

Loved the playlist and the collage. Your final "Over the Rainbow" is one of my all-time favorite anythings...

Dru said...

You have some nice selections in your playlist and I like your collage. I hope it inspires you and good luck with your words.

Charity Tahmaseb said...

OMG ... you found a pic of someone with a Hello Kitty statocaster? Dude. You ROCK.

I think this will help me as well, once we do that manuscript exchange thing--in some dark alley with fedoras pulled down over our faces, and so on.

No, go forth and write.

Tiffany said...

Thanks for listing your playlist - I love a lot of your songs already and the rest I'm going to look up on iTunes. It's so great to get new music ideas - since I pretty much only listen to NPR (on podcast) these days I could use some new music.

Marianne Arkins said...

I love collages -- aren't they intriguing? Can't comment on your playlist since... yanno... I don't know any of them (except "over the rainbow" -- Judy Garland, right? *G*)

edeevee said...

Ceri,

I do a playlist for almost everything I write. It helps me set the right mood for the story. Every song in it has something to do with a character or plot point that I'm hoping to cover. Try it, it's fun!