Monday, January 12, 2009

Flailing

I got sick and writing screeched to a halt. I managed a few more words, but not much. I definitely overdid the late nights and cannot do that anymore. Of course, that's my only real free time to write so my expectations for January have been dashed to say the least.



And now, a four book continuity that I was asked to write with three other authors needs to be brainstormed. And since that one is sold with a June deadline, the JaNoWriMo has to take a back seat until we get our ideas to the editor.

5 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

Ah, priorities. Know all about them. What we want to do and what we have to do are too often not the same.

There's plenty more chances at the challenge though.

Marianne Arkins said...

Paying gigs and health come first!! I want to do another wrimo in a few months, if anyone is game... maybe you can hop in then.

Keri Mikulski said...

Best of luck with the book. :) Fantastic! Hope you're feeling better. :)

Dru said...

Life sometimes interferes with the best laid plans, but congrats on the 4-book continuity being sold.

Jen said...

I would second Marianne.

And it's not like you won't be using your creative muscle on the collaborative project.

Get better and enjoy the brainstorming!