Friday, January 9, 2009

Saturday check-in on a Friday

Well, tomorrow is *supposed* to be check-in, but if this storm we're experiencing alleviates, I will be flying early to a memorial and family weekend, so it's unlikely I'll be able to stop by.

I haven't written today, and may not end up writing today due to a bunch of family issues, a headache, and just plain being exhausted (so exhausted, in fact, that I DUMPED my entire google reader - I just couldn't face catching up. I'm going to start fresh tomorrow).

My total so far is:



I'm happy with the progress, but am even happier with the direction things are going. My having those more abstract things to play with (the playlist, collage) seems to work well for me.

It's also been great to see how everyone else has approached this.

Happy writing, everyone. I'm not sure I'll be able to check in until Sunday or Monday. On the other hand, I may well be snowed in, so if we have power, I'll see you shortly!

7 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

Oh what a winter we've had! I was one of the many who got slammed with the December Ice Storm of Aught Eight and lost power for 5 nights. And it seems to snow every weekend and everytime I need to go down to Boston.

I'm just sick of winter.

And now I'm obsessed with this playlist thing.

Awesome word count!!

Dru said...

WTG on your word count.

Joanie said...

You're on the right track, and seeing real progress and satisfaction. Good for you!

Jen said...

Thanks, everyone. Ceri, I agree with you that it's been the winter from h---.

We are NOT flying this weekend and I've been on hold for 16 minutes just trying to cancel the flights. I guess we're not the only ones in this situation.

Keri Mikulski said...

Great progress! Stay safe!

Marianne Arkins said...

I'm sorry you had to cancel your flights! The weather has been just crazy.

edeevee said...

Stuck in the snow here too, Jen. Let's burn up the word count together!