Saturday, January 3, 2009

Notes from the last couple of days

Current word count: 4011, but I haven't written yet today. That's next.

I was hoping to come on here and be inspired and I was. I think it was Ceri or Keri, but one of you mentioned how nice it is writing in this manner and getting such wonderful support. I so second this! It's just a great place to visit at the end of a long day.

I played around way too late with a collage last night. I didn't like any of the images I found and power point was driving me crazy, etc., etc.

I really like the collage idea. Tonight, as a reward if I make at least 1000 words, I'm going to start gathering images for an old-fashioned cut and paste collage, which I'll make when I return to MI on Tues. Then I'll take a pic and post it. ;-) I'm such a techno whiz kid.

My mother asked me this evening what my story was about. And I told her. And I'm now thinking maybe I need to rethink some of my plot twists. It also pointed out the places I'm really unclear on. Those were the points where I'd be in the middle of explaining a detail and my eyes would glaze over and I think I probably went slack-mouthed and started saying, "Um, uh."

I'm worried I may have more of those than I realized.

I'm writing this draft in a linear manner. I never do that. I'm going to write out of sequence tonight and see how that goes.

I'm giving myself all these "treats" to write tonight because I am a MORNING writer and I'm so darned tired right now!

But I'm going to write.

Happy writing!

2 comments:

Dru said...

With all that you have to do, you're doing great! Your words will flow.

Marianne Arkins said...

Okay.. if you make a cut-and-paste collage, you need to take a picture of it and post, k?

You're doing fine.