Monday, January 12, 2009

Puny Wordcount

Yesterday was pretty much a loss. I managed to get out a whoppin' 76 words. It's a little funny. But at least it was something. 76 more words than I had before. I'll admit that I slept til nearly 10am. We didn't get home until 3am, sans stepdaughter's luggage. We don't have this airport pickup thing down pat yet and she didn't get her bag off the baggage carousel and before we even knew that her flight arrived (really early) the unclaimed bags were removed. We couldn't find anyone to help us get the bag so we left without it. Road conditions were horrible all the way home, heavy snow the entire drive. Thank God for my mother's Subaru.

I get to go back down to Boston to get the bag on Thursday.

I'm taking a bus. I'm a real wimp when it comes to city driving, and no offense to anyone from Massachusetts, but Mass drivers are nuts.

Back to writing. Already I have a few hundred words. I'll have to make up for yesterday somehow.

4 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

We do have a habit of screwing up the roads once we get to Logan and making big circles around the airport before we finally "land" in a parking space and figure out where we're going, so I can identify!

And feel good, your wordcount is surpassing mine by MILES. My computer is in the shop and I'm lost!

Keri Mikulski said...

76 words is better then zero. Best of luck today. :)

Dru said...

76 words is better than no words. I bet tomorrow you'll write a whole bunch of words. Keep up the good work.

Jen said...

The fact that you got any words in is great. And I agree with you about Mass drivers. I lived in Cambridge for a couple of years and it was NOT fun to drive.