Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's a wrap!

Wasn't January fun?

I have to admit, I love writing like this! It's fabulous to hear about everyone's progress and have the inside track on their developing stories. I have enjoyed cheering others on and even though I haven't been here as often as I'd hoped it has been a wonderful experience.

Also, I have truly, from the bottom of my heart, appreciated all the friendly support I've received. I know that without this commitment to writing and the kindness and encouragement provided here, I never would have completed the first draft of Tango At Midnight this past month. Never. It would have been an idea that I pushed to the back of my mind, one of those "I'll write it someday" novels. I'm so glad it didn't end up in a dusty corner of my head. Thank you for that!

So while I'll be AWOL during the beginning of February yet again (I'm sorry!) I will be working on my February goal from the first day of the month. At least that's the plan. And as soon as I can I'll check in to see how everyone else is doing and to give an update on Madcapped. Fingers crossed this one goes well!

I hope everyone has a great time beginning anew tomorrow morning!

Thanks, Marianne, for bringing this amazing adventure to life. You are a fabulous organizer!

Oh! I almost forgot! Tango At Midnight, the first rough draft, closed at 51,357 words.

5 comments:

Dru said...

WTG on your word count. Bravo! I can't wait to hear more about Madcapped.

Ceri Hebert said...

Here's to finishing first drafts! I finished my first draft this month.

Madcapped sounds intriguing!

Marianne Arkins said...

I'm still amazed at you. Of course, that's nothing new :-)

Jen said...

I'm right with you on all of this, Sarita.

It's been a marvelous project, and I'm so glad you had such a rich experience!

Joanie said...

Excellent! I can't wait until I can buy my own copy!

Well done!